Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for a pistol permit?

You can apply for a Pistol Permit at the Rercord's Division window, Monday-Friday between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.  Visit the Pistol Permit page to download the necessary forms and required information.  Pistol Permit applications will only be issued to residents of Meriden.

What time is the Records Division open so I can obtain a police report?

Our Records Division is open 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday - Friday *Excluding Holidays.

What do I do if I see someone on the Wanted Persons page on this site or have information as to where they can be located?

Call our dispatch center at 203-238-1911 with the information. For your own safety NEVER attempt to approach any wanted persons.

I think the people living next to me are selling drugs. Who can I call to report this?

You can contact our Crime Suppression Unit at (203) 630-6273. You may also email MPDTIPS with information. Additionally you may use the Contact Us page to submit information under `Crime Tips.` This information may or may not be made anonymously if you so chose.

Who is my neighborhood initiative officer and how may I contact him or her?

Visit our Neighborhood Initiative page for a full listing of supervisors and officers as well as association maps and contact information.

How do I pay a traffic ticket/infraction?

You may pay your infraction or plead not guilty by mail. Any questions regarding an infraction should be directed to the State of Connecticut's Centralized Infractions Bureau (CIB). For more information, please contact the CIB Customer Service Unit at (860) 263-2750 (M-F, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.)

I am a college student who would like an internship. Who can I speak with regarding this?

You may contact our Training Division at (203) 630-6292 for information regarding internship applications and openings.

Request in process, please wait...